courtesy gb
==============

Dear Aditya,

You write so well, but I wish you would read an email well too.

Dude for heaven's sake, please get down from the mount of self-
righteouness and self-praise even in the most agonizing situations.

First, no sane man who read my email would believe that I was
eliciting sympathy and building support for my thoughts...So I fail
to understand your response "am sorry I cannot agree or sympathise
with you".

It was just an expression of my thought period !!

Secondly, I think it is high time we stopped this kind of demeanour.
Every guy in this 10000 plus forum can put his views across..as long
it is suscribes to the rules put down by the moderator..am I right
on this?

Time and again it has been noticed, that everytime somebody makes a
statement ( mind you there is a difference between making a
statement and thowing open a discussion ) , there are a selected few
who bombard us with emails expressing their 'gospel' views ( rather
I would say 'orders' if you look at the expressions' used).

Aditya, it does not matter who is right or wrong at all times in a
public forum like this, but what matters is that we don't allow even
a meek voice to be supressed. Cause only that would ensure the
survival of this forum and its vibrant nature.

Can you gurantee me that after reading my email and the lucknow
incidents there is not one in the 10000 plus crowd who would want to
break away from all this( for whatever reasons it may be -right or
wrong) ...F*** please check on the number of guys who want
marriage/committed relationships and want to migrate not for the $$
but for a better diginfied gay life...They may be hyprocrites or non-
patriotic according to you, but dude whoever gave us the right to
JUDGE!!! Are we not criticising the indian Govt because of its
JUDGING attitude on the morals of the public and we in turn are so
liberal in JUDGING OUR OWN PEOPLE...

Dude -- go and speak to those 4 people who are languishing in jail
now, who had their pics splashed across the nature, ridiculed and
disowned....Do you think they have resolved to become 'gay' freedom
fighters now? Take it from me-either they are contemplating suicide
( as one admitted his life is destroyed) or wanting to run away...So
do u think I am brutal in suggesting them to run away to freedom
rather than end it up all?

On the contrary, it would be excellent if a country like Canada had
to throw open its doors to persecuted gay people in this
country ..Maybe Canada appreciates what Indian gay guys have to
offer.. I guess in case of Gays, most of the times India is no less
than the cleric from Iran who would behead a woman for not wearing
burkha...

Maybe not all have the will power and the strength to fight as you
do Aditya..so let them be..

Do you really want that this forum to be a previlege of selected
few?? Even by virtue of merit and education??? I may be a dud ..but
maybe there are more such duds in this 10000 plus forum..do I have
the right to sent across my message to them...or I have to go
through your 'MORAL POLICING'?

Guys, we all awesome by the very fact that we confront each other by
the power of the pen and not the sword ( Thackeray style...). It
takes no time for even the most altrustic human to be consumed by
self-righteousness and pride --let us not fall prey to that..

Aditya, I value your thinking but please give some 'space' to mine
too....

Luv & kisses Amit...

Aditya Bondyopadhyay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Dear Amit, I understand
and empathise with your sentiments. But I am sorry I cannot agree or
sympathise with you. If everyone runs away to be 'better' second
class citizens in the west or wherever, then even after 25 years the
next-to-next generation would still be living, to quote your own
phrase - "dog's life of a gay guy in this country".

History often burdens a certain generation with a certain task. It
does so, so that those that follow can live better and enjoy the
fruit of the labour of that burden. To give that labour and bear
that burden demands certain sacrifice of personal happiness. It is
best that only those who are willing take on this burden, for we
cannot take it half way and ditch it then. I want to bear it till
the end. I am proud to know many others who are also similarly
willing.

So yes, you go. I will stay.

Best regards, Aditya Bondyopadhyay

Group Site:

http://www.gaybombay.info
==========================
This message was posted to the gay_bombay Yahoo! Group. Responses to messages
(by clicking "Reply") will also be posted on the eGroup and sent to all
members. If you'd like to respond privately to the author of any message then
please compose and send a new email message to the author's email address.

Post:-  gay_bombay@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe:- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Digest Mode:- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
No Mail Mode:- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Contact Us:-  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Archives are at
http://www.mail-archive.com/gay_bombay%40yahoogroups.com/maillist.html

Classifieds for personal advertisements are back on www.gaybombay.info
site. Please exercise restraint in the language of your personal
advertisement.

Yahoo! Groups Links