One night while I was cat-sitting my daughter's indoor
feline, it escaped outside. When it failed to return the
following morning, I found the beast clinging to a branch
about 30 feet up in a spindly tree. Unable to lure it down,
I called the fire department.

"We don't do that anymore," the woman dispatcher said. When
I persisted, she was polite but firm. "The cat will come
down when it gets hungry enough."

How do you know that?" I asked.

"Have you ever seen a cat skeleton in a tree?" she said.

Two hours later the cat was back, looking for breakfast.

During a county-wide drive to round up all unlicensed dogs,
a patrolman signaled a car to pull over to the curb.

When the driver asked why he had been stopped, the officer
pointed to the big dog sitting on the seat beside him.

"Does your dog have a license?" he asked.

"Oh, no," the man said, "He doesn't need one; I always do
the driving."

Need Mail bonding?