Now Aditya Dear -

I do not think there is probably anything wrong with what this fine person
was thinking...we are all free to have our thoughts..

Either our eminent moderator has posted something out of  context..

Or possibly the writer is not adept in expressing him/her/tri self in a
written format..

I have all sorts of scenarios that I could layout to explain what I think
someone was trying to say to others..

I will give you one of my interpretations...but of course I am sure that I
am either totally wrong or partially 'in error'..

And this does not in anyway negate the fact that I am not totally in  support
of the ideas found in my interpretation of the jumbled prose..

My Interpretation of "Nigah holds fest to celebrate third sex  in Delh"

First off I think Nigah is in Delhi...and that it is probably an
organization of middle class youth fulminating about their inabilities of
gaining access
to a program that provides PhDs in Marxist Philosophy..

Secondly, I do not think they are espousing hetero or homo or  even
traditional Indian eunuch family styles and substance...but are trying to
promote a
transient 'do as one pleases' TG-homo-countercultural lifestyle that  has been
developed in Europe and the Americas over the last 40 years..

A lifestyle that appears to be very much appreciated by many of  the boys in
GayBombay...but without the tag of TG attached to it...you know GB  is MSM not
TG...no matter what position a person may find themself in in  life..

My Reservation
It appears to me that for any idea to flourish it must be an  integral part
of a successful and strong community..

Heteros, discrete homos and almost invisible hijra/eunuchs have  been stable
and often very successful members of Indian society for thousands of  years..

Outlandish TG-counterculturalists (third sex??? in the Nigah  posting???)
have always existed in small number...but very seldom except for  those in
transient individual styles...which unless that individual is a  ruler or
social
leader have very little good or bad effect upon the overall  social culture of
Hindusthan..

We all see weirdos on the street everyday...some well  educated and living at
home with mom and dad...and some sleeping in their  own vomit on the
roadside...but generally would you say are these people mentors  or meteors??..

Aditya...where are you tomorrow night??? Rupa is with me in  Denver for my
annual visit and we are providing a full fledged Bengali dinner to  many
'Nigah'-Type TG friends at my home...ending of course with Rupa's  inimitable
Malpoa..

Best..

Elizabeth

In a message dated 8/23/2008 11:29:57 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,