can some of the media people in this group, or friends of us if they are in the
media  not highlight this ? an article in the newspaper ? show them that pratap
is not alone, and they cannot get away with these cheap tactics?

________________________________
From: Aditya Bondyopadhyay <adit.b...@gmail.com>
To: Sogi <sogi-l...@arc-international.net>
Sent: Friday, 4 September, 2009 10:19:34 PM
Subject: g_b Call to boycott HSBC Bank for Homophobia: In Solidarity with
Pratap  Paikary

Dear all,
Please read the horrible way in which HSBC Bank has treated Pratap Paikary, an
openly gay individual from Bangalore who has been active in various activist
efforts in India as well. The full course of correspondence is pasted below. It
is shameful that an international bank that claims to be the world's local bank
catering to every individual's needs, would stoop to these cheal and disgusting
levels against a person, merely because of his homosexuality. It is now not in
any doubt that this bank suffers from almost incurable homophobia.

As a concerned individual and as an activst who has fought against homophobia
in all spehere that it exhibits itself, I send out this appeal to all of you to
boycott HSBC Bank. Please hit back where it hurts the bank most, deny them the
privilege to handle your money.

Here is what you can do:
>Close your savings and current accounts with the HSBC bank and move it to
>another bank that knows how to respect LGBTI persons
>If you have taken loans from HSBC, please renegotiate these loans with another
>bank and move it to them.
>Return your HSBC Credit cards
>Do not let HSBC manage your assets or your investment portfolio.
I am sure if you have anyother form of dealings with HSBC you would also agree
to close them and move themto other more civilised banks.

Please spread this request to all your LGBTI networks and groups, and to all
supporters, so that HSBC learns that a persons sexuality is his business and
not theirs. So that they learn that respect is a local trait everywhere and the
world's local bank needs to show it to individuals.

Best regards,
Aditya Bondyopadhyay

++++++++++++ ++++

From: Tristan Tadhgh O'Legion <tristantadhgholegio n...@gmail.com>

Dear Mike,

It has come to my attention that in addition to spying on my phone and
following me around, the Asian hierarchy of HSBC [in particular, Ms Naina Lal
Kidwai, Head of HSBC India, Ms Sonal Davé, COO of HSBC India and Mr Rumi
Contractor, Head of HSBC GR] has now descended to bribing or otherwise coercing
prospective employers not to hire me [having already had some success in this
regard with my (former) friends and lawyers]. Needless to say, this is illegal
in addition to being unethical and flies in the face of the bank's stated
concern for my wellbeing [as elaborated upon by Mr G Ahluwalia] and the
relieving letter wishing me 'success in my future endeavours'. It is admittedly
ingenuously homophobic. I also suffered an unfortunate accident yesterday which
I survived [but not without significant injury]: I would like to believe that
the bank had nothing to do with it. However, you may come to find that buying
the entire judicial and legal system in this
 country [not to mention my extended family and the national media] is going to
be a somewhat tenuous proposition even for Europe's largest bank [and the
world's richest]. I do not believe that any of this has either your
authorisation or your consent. Please arrange to have this harassment stopped
STAT [as in yesterday if that is possible].

Yours sincerely,
Pratap Patrick Paikaray
[Bengalūru, South India].