Most of us are so hung up on sending and getting – asls, stats,
prefs, got place and not my type - messages, that it becomes vexing
after a while and I wished to be in a zone where those criterion
didn't matter to meet another gay man. Although I had attended some
gay parties after coming to Mumbai, this would be the first time where I
would be interacting with a bunch of guys and discussing about
homosexuality openly.

"I suppose it must have taken a lot of courage to come to a meet
like this", Umang asked me. I replied there was no question of
courage since I badly wanted to attend one of these meets more than
anything else. The group was of around twenty people and the meet
happened at one of the GayBombay member's house. His mother was also
there and I thought it was indeed very brave and understanding of her to
allow something like this at their place. After we all gave our intros,
his mother was asked about how she was dealing with her son's coming
out and I listened to her with heavy heart as her words echoed the
feelings of my mother
<http://samsbloginess.blogspot.com/2009/03/and-i-came-out-to-my-mother.h\
tml> . I just hope that at least starting from our generation, when
couples become parents, they wake up to the fact that homosexuality is a
reality and that their new born could be gay; so that they could be
prepared and more tuned to accept the truth later on.

Then our discussion steered towards different scenarios of gay life
– why do people find it difficult to be in relationship even when
they long to be in one, how much of an issue is lack of sex in a
relationship and how important is sex for a relationship to work, what
pick up lines would one use to get a guy fora date and what was the
cheesiest that one had to encounter, how would your friendship with your
gay friend be affected if he marries a gal and what could be the best
approach if one comes to know that his best friend's guy is sleeping
around. And lastly, it was heartening to hearwhen they shared their
thoughts on how much GayBombay has helped each of them in becoming what
they are now, in accepting their sexuality and also blessing them with
some everlasting friendships.

I feel these kind of meets could bea great relief for many closeted gays
if they dare to attend, coz this gives a platform to make themselves
realize that they are not alone anda friendship is just a `hi'
away and also that meeting other gay guys doesn't always have to be
equated with sex.

Crazy Sam's Bloginess - http://samsbloginess.blogspot.com/
<http://samsbloginess.blogspot.com/>