Mad cow
How many such men have you known so and how is interesting.
And how many gay men have u known who are into relationships -- maybe your
survey will help us all (if you survey is based on a sample drawn from gaydar
or such you will surely recognise that the same is spurious, rt?)
I have known a decent amount of men in my times (in all sorts of ways in
case one wants to know) and do have some different opinions.

Here we are talking of 2 things
1- being gay and not marrying a girl
2- being in a monogamous relation --gay or str

1-
Being gay and not marrying a girl is a matter of your own conscience and right
to freedom. Is the road to freedom ever easy. i guess not for most. I had the
same thoughts and doubts and fears as Asif had some time back. I decided to
stick to my freedom (largely helped by all te guys i met at GB then for which i
do not know how to thank em all). It was not an easy way for some months at
home -- but today myself and my family (and i hope my bf :p) are happy about
this decision. And i know several such cases.

2- Being monogamous
This is a very personal thing. Some men are monogamous, some are not. for some
open relatiosn work, for some it works only if the bf is monogamous and for
some its no fun to stick to just one person for sex. But in case where a person
is ok with an open relation - gay or str8 - the difference lies n ability to
have sex outside and still love his bf. As a frnd of mine so nicely put, he
does not love his mom's food less just because he loves to eat out too! It
depends if u see sex as simply or attach  mor weightage to it. If u do u just
need to spell it out (and pl try to give ur bf as much leeway as u expect!)

I completely agree with Madcow on one thing --- do what you want as it IS your
life ----but just remember not to take a seemingly short and shady road fearing
a ardous journey and discover the road led to a quagmire only too late.

Lastly Asif, will you be alone ahead --- likely not as all the gays who are
your age today are extremely unlikely to all get into a relation at the same
time or marry or commit suicide (i discount effects of an open house session
with madcow here ofcourse :-D )

Cheers
Manoj