QA Active
hosts a discussion and a movie about
Transgender Sensitization

Objective: To help us understand the transgender as a person

For many of us a transgender (hijra / eunuch / cross-dresser /
trans-sexual) is a person to be kept away from. Perhaps even a person to
be ridiculed. We seem to be as phobic towards TGs as homophobes are
towards gays and lesbians. Seldom do we attempt to talk to TGs. What is
it that they have to face in their lives? What are their pains and
dreams?

Urmi, a transgender, and her colleague who work for a transgender
support group, Kinnar Kasturi, will answer all those questions that you
have and some that you didn't know whom to ask.

Followed by the discussion we'll screen a documentary movie, Diaries of
Transformation.

The film captures the stories of seven individuals with trans identities
in and around Kolkata as they narrate their tales of love, violence and
social acceptance in times of change. Raju, Bini, Rai, Bhaskar, Tista,
Suman and Sabir come from very different socio-economic backgrounds.
Yet, there are certain interconnecting issues of social acceptance and
finding a space in the largely hetero-normative social order in each of
these diaries which reflect the larger image of how politics of power
operate.

Do come. You owe it to yourself. You have nothing to lose but your
phobia.

On Sunday, February 26, 2012
At 5:00pm - 8:00pm

The Humsafar Trust (DIC)
Manthan Plaza, 3rd Floor, Nehru Road,
Near Chakra Bar Restaurant, Vakola,
Santacruz East, Mumbai - 400055.

Closest Railway Stations: Santacruz and Kurla

Bus Stop: Vakola Masjid / Vakola Church

Recommended BEST bus route no. 313 between Santacruz and Kurla.

Other BEST bus routes: 37, 181, 213, 306, 311, 312, 322, 330, 374, 384,
413, 433, 449, 507, 517 and 619