This was one if the themed gb meets we had a couple of years back

The legal view by the lawyer we had at the gb was as follows:
1- the law gives precedence to the relatives of the deceased, even if there is
a will to the contrary
2- the relatives can always claim and fight legal battles ( though the birla
case subsequent to the meet tilts the balance in favor of a non blood relative)
3- the only sure way of ensuring that your partner gets your property is to
will it and publicly disown your family with the adverts in newspapers --- not
something one really likes to do :(

The above is from the gb discussion which i remember, though i would also love
an easier and better solution

Regards
Manoj