On Mon, 2007-12-10 at 10:06 -0500, Andy Tripp wrote:
> I should also mention that I'm also not personally interested in
> alternative Java implementations,
> but I'm quite paranoid about any of them succeeding. I feel that
> having multiple implementations,
> even ones attempting to be compatible, is the core problem with C and
> C++ today, and I'd
> like to stay in my comfy little "one Java" world :)

In that case I think you are barking up the wrong tree.
The whole point of releasing OpenJDK under a free software license under
a copyleft license and compatible with all those alternative
implementations around GNU Classpath and friends is precisely to give
people the freedom to have multiple implementations and have them as
compatible as possible with the "one Java" version. If you want to
restrict yourself to your comfy little world please just keep using the
canonical "one Java", nobody is stopping you, all that is happening is
that more people have the same freedom.

Cheers,

Mark