On 5 May 2011 23:25, Simon Phipps <si...@webmink.com> wrote:

> On 5 May 2011, at 23:18, Dr Andrew John Hughes wrote:
>

>> I completely agree.  There are way too many lists and the only benefit
>> of this list is it allows Oracle to hide material they don't want
>> everyone to see.
>
> Personally I am happy to restrict my conspiracy theories just to the places
> where there are probably conspiracies. Mailing list hierarchy abuse seems the
> very least of our problems here.

I don't think it's true, especially given the list was set up during
the Sun era.  It's more it's the only reason I could possibly think of
why you would want two separate lists.  It's not like either are
particularly heavy traffic.  In fact, most OpenJDK lists only have
traffic because commit notifications are sent to them.

Maybe someone should put some of them out of their misery?

--
Andrew :-)

Support Free Java!
Contribute to GNU Classpath and IcedTea
http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath
http://icedtea.classpath.org

PGP Key: F5862A37 (https://keys.indymedia.org/)
Fingerprint = EA30 D855 D50F 90CD F54D  0698 0713 C3ED F586 2A37