The Q&A addresses this issue somewhat, but the root problem remains in the
text: in "2. General Roles", "Participant" and "Contributor" are each defined.
The definition takes the form of a clear single sentence.  "OpenJDK Member" and
"OpenJDK Lead", in contrast, are only _described_, not _defined_.

Here's what I'd suggest:

An OpenJDK Member is a Contributor who has been approved for OpenJDK Membership
by a vote open to all existing OpenJDK Members.  OpenJDK Members typically have
demonstrated a history ...

The OpenJDK Lead is an OpenJDK Member appointed by Oracle to direct the major
efforts of the Community ...

I also find the connection between General Roles, Group Roles, and Project
Roles to be confusing.  Might be nice to have something like (in the
appropriate sections of "General Roles"):

- A Contributor may become a Group Member or a Project Author, Committer,
Reviewer, or Lead.

- An OpenJDK Member may become a Group Lead.

(Along these lines, I question the wisdom of having two roles named "Member",
neither of which being a subset of the other.  But I assume that terminology
discussion has been had already, and this was its conclusion.)

A more general comment: in practice, it looks like OpenJDK Membership is only a
prerequisite for fairly unusual activities: leading a group, setting up
groups/projects, special votes, etc.  I'd expect that a typical technical
contributor would not see a benefit in actively seeking membership, and so
ultimately the OpenJDK Members Group will consist of a few Group Leads and
people especially interested in governance.  Is this the intent, or at least an
acceptable outcome?

—Dan