Hi Everyone,

I'm having trouble installing gc3pie on my mac. I have:

- macOS Sierra
- python 2.7.12
- pip 9.0.0

I followed the instructions on the website and I'm pretty sure my Mac
setting are ok (Command Line Tools for XCode, time works etc). After
getting a copy of the install script, using curl, I try to run it and I get
the message below. I don't know if you have seen this before. I have
googled to try to find similar problems but I can't find what I would need
to do.

Thanks for help and advice you have

Adam

----
python install.py

==========================
GC3Pie installation script
==========================

This script installs *latest stable version* of GC3Pie in
'/Users/amaraa/gc3pie'.

If you encounter any problem running this script, please contact
the GC3Pie team by sending an email to gc3pie@googlegroups.com.

Remember to attach the full output of the script, in order to help us
to identify the problem.

Installation info:

    Destination directory:    /Users/amaraa/gc3pie
    Overwrite existing dir:   ask
    Python executable:

/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Resources/Python.app/Contents/MacOS/Python
    Ask for confirmation:     yes
    Install unreleased code:  no
    Install gc3apps:          yes
    Optional features:        NONE
    Installer script version: 2.0.2

Are you ready to continue? [Y/n] Y
<GC3Pie install>  WARNING: Cannot determine what package manager this Linux
distribution has, so I cannot check if requisite software is installed. I'm
proceeding anyway, but you may run into errors later. Please write to
gc3pie@googlegroups.com to get help.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "install.py", line 982, in <module>
    main()
  File "install.py", line 130, in main
    create_virtualenv(options.target, options.python)
  File "install.py", line 339, in create_virtualenv
    download(VIRTUALENV_191_URL, to_file='virtualenv.py')
  File "install.py", line 479, in download
    src = urlopen(url)
  File
"/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py",

line 154, in urlopen
    return opener.open(url, data, timeout)
  File
"/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py",

line 429, in open
    response = self._open(req, data)
  File
"/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py",

line 447, in _open
    '_open', req)
  File
"/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py",

line 407, in _call_chain
    result = func(*args)
  File
"/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py",

line 1241, in https_open
    context=self._context)
  File
"/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py",

line 1198, in do_open
    raise URLError(err)
urllib2.URLError: <urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED]
certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:590)>