On Jan 8, 2006, at 9:12 AM, Daniel Berlin wrote:

Try removing the offending directory (gcc/testsuite/gcc.dg/ special) and run svn cleanup again, updating the tree afterwards. If you didn't have any local changes in that directory you should not lose anything. If the
problem persists then you probably have a hardware problem.

Just "for the record":

gcc.gnu.org runs RHEL4, and we've never had any trouble like this.

All the snapshots are generated locally using svn, etc.

OK, here are some details. Our server is a dual UltraSparc running Solaris 10 attached to the SAN.

Working client situation: subversion 1.3.0 on Sparc Solaris 9, not using Berkeley DB

Non-working client situation: subversion 1.3.0 on x86-64 RHEL 4.0, using Berkeley DB

I think everything is running NFSv4 at this point.

So I don't know if the problem is with RHEL versus Solaris 10, or Berkeley DB versus non-Berkeley DB (whatever subversion uses when Berkeley DB is not available). Perhaps I can do some experiments to see whether Solaris 9 + Berkeley DB works or not.

Brad