Andreas Jaeger wrote:
Andreas Schwab <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
That's probably the same bug as PR21059.
That report even has a patch - but no action since december.  Jim,
will you handle this one?

It isn't exactly the same problem, as there is no auto-inc address here. So my patch in the PR doesn't look like it will help. We need one of the more complicated solutions which require a smarter CFG and/or smarter register lifetime check. I don't know if I can help with that. Others are doing more work in this area than I am.

This isn't a new problem. The .i file I produced from mainline generates the same failure with gcc-4.1 and gcc-4.0, and maybe also other gcc versions. I'm not sure what broke this, maybe it was the addition of -Werror to the Makefile.

As for my patch, I would like to finish it now that I'm functional again, but I've got a big backlog of stuff so I don't know when I will get to it.
--
Jim Wilson, GNU Tools Support, http://www.specifix.com