Danny Smith wrote:

The problem I had was with the second case below.  We don't know if a
method is implicitly virtual
until search.c:look_for_overrides_r).  Would t be better to unset
DECL_DLLIMPORT_P (and remove the attribute as well) there?

Ah, right, good point. I always forget that case,.partly because I really think that processing should be done when the function is declared. We can know whether it's virtual at that point, so I think we should. But, that's not how things work now. :-(

So, perhaps the best place would be in check_for_override. That's called for all methods when the class is complete.

Thanks,

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery