Robert Dewar wrote:
Roberto Bagnara wrote:

Reading the thread "Autoconf manual's coverage of signed integer
overflow & portability" I was horrified to discover about GCC's
miscompilation of the remainder expression that causes INT_MIN % -1
to cause a SIGFPE on CPUs of the i386 family.  Are there plans to
fix this bug (which, to me, looks quite serious)?

Seems ultra-non-serious to me, hard to believe this case appears
in real code, despite surprising claim by Roberto.

It seems to me that you would know that it is happening. If it hits you, you don't get hard to find wierd program results. Your program is killed by SIGFPE.

David Daney