Hi,

> There were over 250 PRs open against GCC-4.0.4.  Almost all of
> them are "benign" in the sense that we can leave without fixing them
> in GCC-4.0.4 -- many are already fixed in more recent versions.
> I'm now giving attention only to those PRs marked as blocker or
> critical.  I've identified three:

Well, there's another serious (wrong-code) bug which should be fixed IMHO:

PR c++/29106 is a C++ front-end issue.
It has a one-line fix (plus comment) on the 4.1 branch.
Well, actually one should also backport the fix for PR c++/28284 then,
which is a two-liner.

Unfortunately, I didn't find the time to test the patch myself.

Regards,
Volker