FX Coudert wrote:

> There is effort to get that done, as you can see in the recent (few
> days ago) thread starting here:
>
> Please feel free to step into this other discussion and help/give
> advice about how achieve this goal.

Yeah, I've been following that thread and have been hoping for progress
on the win32 front for a while.  Seems to me like the problem with
upgrading libtool is that it's an area that touches the entire tree, and
the libtool that's there now is highly customized/forked (from what I've
read) so it seems like a very thankless job.

> > For example, this AC_LIBTOOL_WIN32_DLL macro was
> > removed/deprecated from libtool three years ago.
>
> What should be used with a recent libtool? And where is it documented?

There is no need for any special consideration to create a DLL with
modern libtool.  One just needs --enable-shared at configure and
-no-undefined in LDFLAGS.

Brian