FX Coudert wrote:
wrt to the Subject of the mail, I'm not sure "Call to arms" means what I thought it meant, after all... I really wanted it to sound like "call for help" or "call for more arms". Sorry if there was any confusion in the tone.

The literal meaning of "call to arms" is a call for soldiers to take up their armaments and be ready to use them. As an idiomatic metaphor, it means "there's something that we need to go fight, so let's all get ready and go fight it." This seems to me perfectly appropriate for a situation in which code-bugs are growing in little-trafficked corners and in need of a concentrated squashing effort.

- Brooks