Is anyone else seeing failures on the gcc.dg/matrix tests?  I am getting
the following failures on IA64 HP-UX:

FAIL: gcc.dg/matrix/matrix-1.c scan-ipa-dump-times Flattened 3 dimensions 1
FAIL: gcc.dg/matrix/matrix-2.c scan-ipa-dump-times Flattened 2 dimensions 1
FAIL: gcc.dg/matrix/matrix-3.c scan-ipa-dump-times Flattened 2 dimensions 1
FAIL: gcc.dg/matrix/matrix-6.c scan-ipa-dump-times Flattened 2 dimensions 1
FAIL: gcc.dg/matrix/transpose-1.c scan-ipa-dump-times Flattened 3 dimensions 1
FAIL: gcc.dg/matrix/transpose-1.c scan-ipa-dump-times Transposed 3
FAIL: gcc.dg/matrix/transpose-2.c scan-ipa-dump-times Flattened 3 dimensions 1
FAIL: gcc.dg/matrix/transpose-3.c scan-ipa-dump-times Flattened 2 dimensions 1
FAIL: gcc.dg/matrix/transpose-3.c scan-ipa-dump-times Transposed 2

On my HPPA platforms I also get:

FAIL: gcc.dg/matrix/transpose-4.c scan-ipa-dump-times Flattened 3 dimensions 1
FAIL: gcc.dg/matrix/transpose-4.c scan-ipa-dump-times Transposed 2
FAIL: gcc.dg/matrix/transpose-5.c scan-ipa-dump-times Flattened 3 dimensions 1
FAIL: gcc.dg/matrix/transpose-6.c scan-ipa-dump-times Flattened 3 dimensions 1

The main difference between IA64 HP-UX and IA64 Linux (where I do not
see these failures) is big-endian vs. little-endian so I was wondering
if any other big-endian platforms in particular are seeing these
failures?  When I look at the matrix-1.c.038i.matrix-reorg file output
on HP-UX and Linux, the Linux one starts with some comments about
putting symbols into SSA form and doing an incremental SSA update.  That
is missing from the HP-UX version, HP-UX starts with:

   Matrix "vel"; Escaping Level: 1, Num Dims: 3, Malloc Dims: 1,
   mem_init ()
   {

Linux (after the SSA comments) has:

   Matrix "vel"; Escaping Level: 3, Num Dims: 3, Malloc Dims: 3,
   Flattened 3 dimensions
   mem_init ()
   {

Andrew, I cc'ed you because of this email
<http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2007-06/msg00232.html>, it mentions some
matrix failures on MIPS when testing on the PTR-PLUS branch.  I don't
actually know if my failures are related to PTR-PLUS or not.

Steve Ellcey
[EMAIL PROTECTED]