Dasarath Weeratunge wrote:
In the following code I marked the tree 'node.0' as address taken using
'c_mark_addressable'. Now in the assembly code, isn't the return value of the
second call to malloc completely discarded?

c_mark_addressable is meant to be called during parsing. It may affect the IL that will be generated, so you can't expect to be able to call it during optimization.

You haven't given us a copy of your patch, or the C code for your testcase. It is difficult to say much definitive when we are lacking detailed info about what you are doing.

Jim