On Wed, 30 Oct 2013, DJ Delorie wrote:

> So, given all that, is there any way to add the "target-specific
> size_t" portion without waiting for-who-knows-how-long for the intN_t
> and enum-size-type projects to finish?  Some form of interim API that
> we can put in, so that we can start working on finding all the
> assumptions about size_t, while waiting for the rest to finish?

I have no idea how ugly something supporting target-specific strings would
be, since supporting such strings for these standard typedefs never seemed
to be a direction we wanted to go in.

(Obviously it's possible to convert only a subset of macros to use enums
rather than strings, or to be hooks rather than macros.)

--
Joseph S. Myers
jos...@codesourcery.com