On 11/16/2016 07:36 PM, Segher Boessenkool wrote:
On Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 01:48:41PM -0700, Martin Sebor wrote:
I'm also curious if there really is a policy/convention for dealing
with exceptions in GCC, what it actually is/says.

https://gcc.gnu.org/codingconventions.html#Exceptions

Thanks.  I guess I should have reviewed that document before asking.

The rationale makes it sound like the use of throwing new expressions
(i.e., those in dominance.c) or any other construct that may indirectly
throw is reasonable, as long as it doesn't prevent building GCC with
-fno-exceptions.

Martin