Hi Chris,

> On Tue, 06 Oct 2009 20:26:31 -0700, Peter Naulls wrote:
> > What I'll likely do then is close down the Sourceforge page.  I'll
> > import the ArcEm CVS into riscos.info SVN for historic value (if
> > anyone really wants write access, just let me know a user
> > name/password).  It's possible I might make a final release, and
> > bring the HTML pages/ manual to riscos.info and link them into the
> > wiki.  I'll see also if I can get a mailing list snapshot.
>
> I don't see any need to move it.  Perhaps a copy of the source could
> be kept elsewhere in case sf.net closes the project down though.

Yes.  SourceForge keep backups themselves but only for restoring after
hardware failure, so they do suggest projects keep their own backups of
their data, e.g. SCM and mailing lists.

    http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/sourceforge/wiki/Backup%20your%20data

http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/sourceforge/wiki/Using%20rsync%20for%20backups#CVS

Perhaps that's something riscos.info could offer.  Knowing there's a
centralised, say weekly, backup of sf.net Acorn projects, e.g. arcem,
and riscose, would be nice.

Cheers,

Ralph.