In message <20120703092216.gb...@chiark.greenend.org.uk>
          Theo Markettos <t...@markettos.org.uk> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 03, 2012 at 06:29:38PM +1200, Ron wrote:
> > I have just tryed building the Nettle package a second time, to see
> > if it would put its packages in the correct place, but I get updates
> > then patch errors.
> > I will try to attach the failure to this post
>
> Hi Ron,
>
> Are you running this on a nettle build tree that the autobuilder already
> downloaded (ie used ./build -d where it retains the tree afterwards)?  It's
> very important that you delete the tree - autobuilder/nettle - beforehand,
> because otherwise patching will fail (the tree has already been patched).

Yes that is what is happening, you cant run patch twice on the same file.
I was thinking that (like a compiler) it would keep the original and
then be able to rewrite the output on the next repeat.
I possibly got this impression from rebuilding other Autobuilder projects,
but I can't be certain now.

> Probably the autobuilder should handle this better, but I'm not sure how.
> Perhaps detect that the tree is there and move it out of the way.  Or be
> able to build a pre-patched tree - but IME this often goes wrong in other
> ways.
>
> Theo

I'm not well versed with the patch program, but I think generally
the Autobuilder makes it hard to tinker with source to try again,
anyway.
It is easier to get things going just using ro-config and ro-make,
in a separate source directory.
There is a lot of problems just doing that also, there seems to be
some config-guess scripts that can be made to play ball and
others that look similar, dont.
Just another area to tackle and maybe feed-back findings for changes
to ro-config perhaps.

Ron M.