In message <53c230b615chr...@care4free.net>
          Chris Gransden <chr...@care4free.net> wrote:

> In article <7d8929c253.b...@ron1954.woosh.co.nz>,
>    Ron <b...@woosh.co.nz> wrote:
> > It is the latest libsndfile test-suite that I am running on my Iyonix.
> > I didn't use the autobuilder but just the cross-compiler tools.
> > There is provision to produce a cross-compiler test-tarball which almost
> > works except for an elf extension bungle on one line.
> > With a bit of tinkering I got it to go, and made the script into an obey
> > file.
> > The test for pipe still expects a unix cat command and pipe, and there
> > is several file open errors, but the scale-float test is showing a poor
> > result, almost too poor, as the libsndfile based resampler prog appears
> > to work OK. Here is a link to the text output
> > http://homepages.woosh.co.nz/ron.may/sndfile-test.txt
> > I have been using the latest source by git, the earlier tarballs were'nt
> > opening the wav files at all.
>
> I ran the one in the autobuilder, which is 1.0.25. The tests for
> 'floating_point_test' all passed ok. I used both versions of the compiler
> in the autobuilder, gcc 4.1.2 with softfloat and gcc 4.7.4 with vfp.
> The vfp version ran 15x faster than softfloat on a Pandaboard.
>
> Chris.

Wow, that's encouraging, one google revealed the author of libsndfle
claiming some processors like arm did not have lrintf so I was imagining
an incompatibility.
That is the same floating_point_test by the looks. The other thing I was
thinking was if it was scaled against time it would give a poor result,
but if you have had it passing that's good.
In the autobuilder I have spotted '--disable-external-libs' so I'll try
that before going to the autobuilder libsndfile in a last effort.

It is good to hear that gcc 4.7.4 and vfp is working so well, is the
Pandaboard the only one that can benefit?

Ron M.