Hi Ben,

> > I thought about that too (i.e. check on Alias$@RunType_XYZ), but
> > then we have text files with execute permission bit set too.  I'm
> > not sure whether it going to be worthwhile.
>
> As you say, most data filetypes has RunType variables assigned, so
> that's no use to distinguish executables from data files.

>From another perspective, if I can *Foo from a shell and it runs then
does it matter it opens an editor for Foo, if that's how the RunType is
defined?  For Tab-completion at a prompt, I'd want Foo included in the
possbilities?

On Linux, one could make a PNG executable and define a suitable
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binfmt_misc to make an ASCII approximation
cat(1) to the TTY.  :-)

Cheers, Ralph.