On 02/02/2015 13:26, Theo Markettos wrote:
On Mon, Feb 02, 2015 at 11:29:24AM +0000, Duncan Moore wrote:
Yes, I think it is a bug. This page describes how to report bugs:
http://www.riscos.info/index.php/Bug_Reporting
Reporting the bug doesn't always mean there is someone at the other end to
fix it :(

I know - some bugs I've reported have been in the system for years. :(
But at least by reporting them, they won't get completely forgotten.
In this case though, we know where the bug is now. So I think we should be able to fix it, and no longer need to report it.

Duncan, would you be interested in porting your changes forward to the
current Debian version of make (that's 4.0) and putting it in the
autobuilder?  That means it's easy to regenerate new versions.  I think Make
is one of those tools that inevitably is going to have more invasive changes
than most ported software can get away with, so it's useful to have a
closer watch on when it breaks.

That's not something that I want to get involved in myself. Sorry. But if anybody else wants to do it, they are welcome to. The source differences are in the zip file on my website (version 3.81). I also have version 4.0, which I haven't released yet, but people are welcome to that too.

Duncan