On 01/03/2015 19:08, John Tytgat wrote:
In message <54f23dde.5070...@macpcrepair.co.uk>
           John Ballance <j...@macpcrepair.co.uk> wrote:

Failure building gcc4.1.2

details below.

I haven't yet found the solution to this..  Any thoughts?
I would guess some build requirement has not been met but the quoted
last bit of the log file is too short to confirm.  Any chance to mail
me the zipped version of the full log file ?

to follow from my last post, there are several more places where .texinfo files fail.
e.g. in gcc4/srcdir/binutils/gas/doc multiple failures, multiple files.
typical is '@itemx must follow @item' .. the source file does not contain an @item line. I've also got 'command @bullet not accepting argument in brace should not be on @table line' and '@code expected braces'

Attempting to build wget I also got the @itemx error.

googling suggests this started with a later version of texinfo, or equivalent.

What is best? .. build an earlier version of texinfo, or provide patches to fix?

Thanks

John.

--
Stop press! Just announced -

Free Standard Broadband for 6 months, unlimited data, and no minimum contract

For full details of see http://www.JustAskJB.co.uk
<http://www.justaskjb.co.uk>

Intrigued? Call me

John Ballance C.Eng MIET - j...@macpcrepair.co.uk - 07976 295923