On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 07:41:17AM +0100, John Ballance wrote:
> Hi Theo
>
> Starting in an xterm causes firefox to be popped open when the glib
> err is reported, then the script continues.
>
> the condensed (# comments removed) setvars equates to
>
> echo "1"
>
> AB_HG="https://...";
>
> echo "2"
>
> (where ... is the correct hg path)
>
> THEN:
> autobuilder, via fetch-program, scans setvars as a file and
> correctly does the mercurial clone (its about a GB), after which it
> invokes setvars as a script

Hmm, I set up a setvars file like this:

echo "1"
AB_HG="https://bitbucket.org/tortoisehg/thg";
echo "2"

(a randomly selected hg repo)

and I get:
Autobuilder: Fetching source for tortoisehg
abort: repository "https://bitbucket.org/tortoisehg/thg"; not found!

It turns out that the quotes on AB_HG are getting passed through to hg, ie
it's trying to call:

hg clone "https://bitbucket.org/tortoisehg/thg";

and hg doesn't like that.  As to why the quotes are getting passed through,
it appears fetch-program is a pile of grep hacks that don't actually parse
the setvars file, they just do basic text extraction.

What I'm guessing is that your hg URL is tripping up the grep and it's
somehow trying to launch your hg URL in a browser (how, I can't tell without
the URL).

So I suggest stripping the quotes, ie
AB_HG=https://bitbucket.org/tortoisehg/thg
This successfully checks out on my machine.

If your URL has any unusual characters (spaces? UTF-8? odd punctuation?) can
you say what they are?

Theo