On Thu, Nov 05, 2015 at 08:29:22PM +0000, John Ballance wrote:
> Hi
>
> I know that in the setvars in an autobuilder item you can define the
> specific version to check out of a repository, but is there any
> mechanism for the patches to be associated with a specific
> version?.. e.g. we can now build Qt4.5.1, Qt5.5.0, and (just done
> here) Qt5.5.1.  Each has its own version specific patches, and also
> may have different flavours of a 'common' patch. Does the system
> permit one to put source version specific patches in the autobuilder
> folder (e.g. Qt5Base) to let the same be used for several source
> versions? .. or would that be a case of having say, separate
> Qt5.4.1.Base, Qt5.5.0.Base, and Qt5.5.1.Base components?

Not to my knowledge.  The folder names are 'special' in that the autobuilder
will automatically try to fetch Debian sources for them, so if you end up
making Qt5.5.1.Base then it won't be able to do that.

That's not to say that pattern matching on the version we did download (when
building eg the qt5base package) and searching for appropriate patches isn't
a good idea.  It at least would allow the package to be buildable for various
versions and not pollute the namespace with the version numbers except for
major builds you might wish to distinguish - in the way the Debian package
qtbase5-dev has a variety of different versions depending on the
architecture:
https://packages.debian.org/sid/qtbase5-dev

How do things stand with your patches, BTW?  Did everything you submitted
get committed?  I haven't had a chance to keep track of them all recently.

Theo