On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 08:07:07PM +1200, Ron wrote:
> Something that I haven't tried yet, but apparently the system() call
> works differently. I'n not sure if there is an OSLib version that is
> different to the gcc version.

AIUI:

UnixLib's system() does all the necessary moving of memory to enable
chaining programs - moving memory around in the task slot to allow loading
the new program at &8000, executing it, and then returning after.

I think SharedCLibrary does this also, but in a less comprehensive way (no
fork() or exec(), no pipes beyond stdio, etc).

OSLib will allow you to call OS_CLI - you can call commands from modules,
Obey files or transient Utilities, but if you call an AIF binary it'll never
return.  It's similar to calling OS_CLI from BASIC in this respect.

> I haven't been seeing these posts of mine to gcc@gccsdk.riscos.info, so
> this is a test also.

Looks fine to me.  You can always check in the archive:
http://www.riscos.info/pipermail/gcc/
You can set Mailman not to send you your own messages - maybe you have this
turned on?

Theo