On 22/11/15 14:22, Gavin Wraith wrote:
In message <5651b6b5.5000...@sky.com>
           Lee Noar <leen...@sky.com> wrote:

It seems that SYSCFLAGS is not referenced when the compile rule
in the makefile is invoked. Is it possible that the variable
name was changed in the update?
Perhaps you should post the whole makefile so we can try and
spot what's going on.

I tried moving the -mfpu=vfp -mtune=cortex-a7 options from
SYSCFLAGS to MYCFLAGS. No success. I even tried moving them
to CC so that the makefile had
CC= gcc -std=gnu99 -mfpu=vfp -mtune=cortex-a7
Still no success.

lapi.c is built with g++ though, so you would have to add -mfpu=vfp
to the CXXFLAGS as well.
So you'd want something like:

 CXXFLAGS= -O2 -Wall -Wextra $(SYSCXXFLAGS) $(MYCXXFLAGS)
 SYSCXXFLAGS= -mfpu=vfp -DRISCOS

Note that CXX is the g++ compiler, which is why changing CC had no
effect.

Lee.