In message <565c58d2.4020...@sky.com>
          Lee Noar <leen...@sky.com> wrote:

>The above symbols relate to C++ exceptions and are provided by
>libstdc++. If you link with g++, then these should be resolved.

>That's all C++ stuff, are you sure they haven't switched to C++?
>Or is it still using g++ to compile lapi.c when it should be
>using gcc? Did you figure that one out?

No.

I don't know why GCC thinks it is encountering C++. I wanted
it to compile as C. I was surprised to see those output lines
beginning with g++ and not gcc. As far as I can see the sources
v5.3.1 (which compiled successfully as C) and v5.3.2 are
just pure C. Because it keeps compiling with g++ and not
gcc I wonder if there may be some system variable that
sets the choice? I cannot see what in the sources should
be responsible - there is nothing in the diff5.3.2-5.3.1
file to suggest such a change.

How does GCC decide which compiler to use?

--
Gavin Wraith (ga...@wra1th.plus.com)
Home page: http://www.wra1th.plus.com/