On Tue, Mar 01, 2016 at 03:42:55PM -0000, Ben Avison wrote:
> and something similar for the other instances of SWP. However, I can't help
> thinking it would be neater to do the ReadPlatformFeatures once somewhere
> very early on in library initialisation and store the result in library
> static data somewhere. This is where I suspect my lack of knowledge of
> UnixLib internals means that I expect someone more familiar with it could
> knock up a solution far quicker - so, any takers?

We could put a bit in ul_global and have the __pthread_prog_init code set it
up, in the absence of better places?  I'm not particularly au fait with the
Unixlib code either, so open to better solutions.

I can do some implementation and testing, if this is deemed to be a good idea.
('testing' in a loose sense - provoking concurrency conditions being somewhat
hard)

It does mean rebuilding Unixlib static-linked programs, since it isn't in
the tiny part of code that lives in SharedUnixLib.  That's a bit of a pain,
but easier for the things we have autobuilt and packaged.

Theo