There seems to be a problem with asasm of gcc 4.7.4.  See the ROOL
Community Support forum, topic "DeskLib and GCC 4.7.4" for details.

In short, even the most trivial code assembled with asasm 2.01 r6919
results in an ELF file that claims to use hardware FP (even though
there is no FP in the code at all), and I haven't found it possible
to influence this.  r5871 accepted a command line option -soft-float
that r6919 doesn't.  r6919 accepts an option -fpu= but none of the
53 options available causes it to change its behaviour.

r6919 comes from a fresh install of !gcc, using PackMan, a couple
of weeks back.  PackMan is still telling me that my installation
is up to date.

Dave