<loxp123mb13184e8fa8fcf8721e824c77f0...@loxp123mb1318.gbrp123.prod.outlook.com>,
>    alan buckley <alan_...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > I‘ve uploaded release 3 of GCC 4.7.4 for RISC OS today. It should appear
> > in the PackMan package list and the riscos info packages website
> > tomorrow. The direct download should be available now.
>
> > I‘ll do a proper release announcement early next week and also update
> > the GCC Releases page at riscos info. Is there anything else that needs
> > updating?
>
> > Regards, Alan
>
> gcc -v and g++ -v are still showing as release 2.

This info is baked into gcc4/Makefile. The following fixed it.

GCC_CONFIG_ARGS += --with-pkgversion='GCCSDK GCC $(GCC_VERSION) Release 3' \
        --with-bugurl=http://gccsdk.riscos.info/
BINUTILS_CONFIG_ARGS += --with-pkgversion='GCCSDK GCC $(GCC_VERSION) Release
3' \
        --with-bugurl=http://gccsdk.riscos.info/
GDB_CONFIG_ARGS += --with-pkgversion='GCCSDK GCC $(GCC_VERSION) Release 3' \
        --with-bugurl=http://gccsdk.riscos.info/

I tried to commit that but it does not appear to have worked.

--
David Pitt