I have a mysterious crash in a SDL based program when it attempts to
do a pthread_wait in an atexit handler. The error is:
pthreads: ***fatal error, aborting***
pthread_yield called with context switching disabled.

My guess is this means that GCC is shutting down the threads system
before the atexit handler is being called.

Is there anything I can do to workaround this problem?
e.g. Is there a function I can call or a variable I can check
to see if threading has been stopped so I can avoid the call?
Or is there a way to detect I’m in an atexit hander?

Thanks,
Alan