Theo Markettos<mailto:t...@markettos.org.uk> wrote on 30 June 2017 11:28

[snip]

> Are you measuring activity by mail, or by programming?

> In the latter case, I don't have a lot of time these days but various things
> I've been doing:

> 2b. I notice Debian have made a new release, which means some of our
> upstream package versions have shifted and don't build any more.  I'm not
> sure what to do about that.

I’ve noticed that as well, I had to recently change GCCSDK to point at some
old debian lists to be able to build subversion.

I think we should strive to update to the new packages and retire the old
ones. Maybe have an archive area in GCCSDK for the old versions that are
no longer updated.

I think we should also move things that will no longer build there. But only
after checking there is no way to get them to build again.

For myself, I keep trying to bring packages up to date and rebuild them so
they will work on the Raspberry Pi 3. I tend to look at things that are
mentioned on other sites to see what to look at. The problem is I have
very little time and so progress is slow.

Regards,
Alan