> On Oct 14, 2016, at 12:40 AM, Ishan Joshi <ishan99qa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am currently 17 years old and finish my schooling on 8th December 2016
> according to my school ID.
> Can I still take part in GCI this year?

Hi Ishan,

According to the contest rules [1], you will be the right age on the day of
registration (2.2.a) and your parents probably consent (2.2.c), but you will
not be enrolled in a pre-university program for the duration of the contest
(2.2.b), through 16 Jan 2017.

Unfortunately, that means you are not eligible to participate in GCI this year.

I do encourage you to still participate in open source software projects
independently as it is one of the best ways to improve your skills, have fun
solving problems, and network with others.  Many open source projects are
excited to help new contributors.  There are many people, myself included, that
will gladly help you get started.

[1]  https://developers.google.com/open-source/gci/resources/contest-rules

"Google Code-in Discuss" group.
to gci-discuss+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.