Luca: I have taken Even's feedback and made some more text changes, and
also added a hillshade DEM (of Frank's home area in Canada) created
through GDAL 2.2.1 on my machine. It creates a big SVG now, but
you/designer can decide to keep that image or not.
PS. I created it using LibreOffice!
On 2017-08-04 11:22 AM, Even Rouault wrote:
On vendredi 4 août 2017 14:31:24 CEST Luca Delucchi wrote:
> On 28 July 2017 at 17:38, Even Rouault <even.roua...@spatialys.com>
> > Hi,
> > Is someone interested in creating a flyer for GDAL ? See below
> I worked on the flyer, but I need some more text and/or an image...
> You can see the draft here
Thanks a lot Luca for tackling this !
A few observations/proposals:
- wondering if the subtiltle "The Geospatial Data Translation Tools"
shouldn't be replaced by the "The Geospatial Data Abstraction Library
and translation tools" to get both the menaing of the acronym and the
- perhaps replace "Welcome" by "Introduction" ?
- in this paragraph, I would remove bold characters starting with "As a
- I would replace "As a library, it is" by "It is writen in C++ and"
- In the raster format list, I would add OGC WCS/WMS/WMTS.. And int the
vector format list OGC WFS
- I would replace in the vector formats "ESRI Personal Geodatabase" by
"ESRI FileGeodatabase" since the latter is probably now more common than
- in the language list, Ruby and VB6 should be removed (no longer supported)
- in "features", in the first bullet, I'd :
* add after "image warping": "reprojection"
* add after "merging": "tiling, DEM-related utilities (hillshading,
slope, hypsometric rendernig)"
- in the "Support for large files" bullet, I'd append "- with modest
- in "where it is used", I'd removed OpenEV since the project is kind of
dead now. In the "also utilized by" list, perhaps add gvSIG (to have at
least one non C++ application)
- I don't know if the white backgound of the GDAL logo is intentional.
If not, you could start from the original SVG drawing that has not this
Spatialys - Geospatial professional services
gdal-dev mailing list