Am 23.02.2011 04:01, schrieb Lex Trotman:
Of course on the other hand because the maintainers are volunteers
with limited time this process slows changes, but IMHO this is
necessary.  Having more maintainers for a piece of code is of course
the solution, but as we are finding, its hard to actually do for a
small project.  Even for core there was a deafening silence when I
recently suggested that more people volunteer to be maintainers.

I don't think that silence meant anything other than the people that can decide haven't read it yet. But yea, I would welcome a discussion about this in the core. There's great potential contributors on this list, but they're all sitting on their patches and nothing moves forward.

Of course the Geany community also has a responsibility to Geany users
(not least ourselves :-) to make sure that the whole Geany ecosystem
offered as an "official" release meets reliability and usability
standards.  On this basis, Frank's concern that some plugins don't
meet those standards is important, but I don't think that it is
reasonable for the community to impose work on maintainers without
discussion (thats this thread) and a reasonable period for improving
things, otherwise the community is undermining the maintainers
responsibility, and I certainly would get upset if I were a
maintainer.

You seem to have misunderstood that letting other people help fix bugs is voluntary is has nothing to do with undermining. And I didn't suggest to share maintainership completely, but just accept help to fix the most immediate bugs (such as crashes) in a timely manner. Nobody wants to take plugins away from developers.

Best regards.