On 03/11/11 18:21, Lex Trotman wrote:

I agree that warnings should be fixed, but...

Not only the developer is going to be using the plugins, people who
are testing or even just using the latest will be, so you screw them
up as well as the original developer :-(
Considering the plugin in question crashed (locked up) my entire Xorg session and I lost data, I can't say it would be a dis-service.

Personally (not being the most experienced programmer) I would prefer my plugin not build if I had made some very bad programming error, so that potential testers don't get a bad taste in their mouth for my plugin.

In a general sense I agree with you though.

Cheers,
Matthew Brush (codebrainz)