On 03/13/11 20:23, Lex Trotman wrote:

It seems to me that the assumption is that the template file encoding
is UTF-8 or ASCII (as a subset of UTF-8) as its contents are just
pasted straight into the Scintilla buffer.  The standard templates are
ASCII, but it may not be true for user defined templates, for instance
Enrico has non-ASCII characters in his name.

I am not sure how well the g_str and g_string functions work in this
case.  Can someone with more understanding of such things comment.
Should the templates be passed through encodings_convert_to_UTF_8?

I don't know much about encodings, but I can definitively observe some strange things by loading non-UTF8 encoded files as the templates.

Cheers,
Matthew Brush (codebrainz)