On 05/03/11 05:45, Thomas Martitz wrote:
Am 28.04.2011 10:06, schrieb Matthew Brush:
Hi,

I started working on merging geany-themes project into the Geany tree,
as well as a few "fixups" to the Colorschemes menu, some of which are
same as patches sent to the mailing list some time ago. Mostly left is
cleaning up themes that cause warnings on geany verbose output and to
test the themes with more lexers.

Perhaps it should stay a separate project/repository. This is mostly
about artwork, the potential contributors are different people than the
ones who contribute code to Geany.

Agreed, but as the filedefs (filetypes.*) files diverge from the main project it becomes harder and harder to keep them in sync. It's a PITA to have to watch each revision to see if the files have changed and then update each of them in geany-themes each time.

My plan was to submit a patch against the filedefs files and alt.conf and maybe a few of the best color schemes, and then leave the others in the geany-themes project. That way users only need to drop in their colorschemes into their home dir and I don't need to maintain a separate set of filedefs from Geany's.

Cheers,
Matthew Brush