Am 28.08.2011 23:33, schrieb Jiří Techet:
On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 20:50, Frank Lanitz<fr...@frank.uvena.de>  wrote:
So I suggest this: Jiri can you help to do so (or does maybe the github svn clone tools does this correct?) we surely can also offer something like that from git.geany.org. But here import is needed FMPOV.
I could, but it needs some manual work and I'd like to do it just
before the switch because I'm not sure if I could easily add  the
commits (commits on different branches and especially merges) you do
between now and the switch. I was too missing a few committer names -
see the original email here

http://lists.uvena.de/geany-devel/2010-June/002672.html

which I'd need to get first before performing the conversion.

I could also ask the one that successfully converted our Rockbox svn repo to git, including proper branch, tag and author conversion, to write up the steps it needed. I think it was less than a day of work for him (and the Rockbox tree and history is considerably larger and more complicated than Geany's).

Best regards.