Am 21.09.2011 18:01, schrieb Dimitar Zhekov:
On Wed, 21 Sep 2011 17:18:14 +0400
Alexander Petukhov<de...@apetukhov.ru>  wrote:

What I wanted was to have debug settings loaded at the same time I open
files I worked with last time. [...] but now I realize that I can store
debug settings for a session in plugins own config, where all other
plugin level stuff reside and if a user works with a project - store
debug settings in a project, [...]
What you need is debug sessions, and they depend on the executable being
debugged. It doesn't make sense to use the same breakpoints, watches
etc. for more than one program, or two sets of these for the same
program.

I disagree with the very last statement. If you're working at the same project in different branches you might want to debug different parts. And if you have a project/session file per branch then it even matches with "debug sessions".

I think you can store the debug session settings in the plugin main and
only configuration file, with section names dependent on the full
executable name, for example it's md5 sum:

/home/build/projects/testing/geany ->  [945b93c3fe68a0fe63ac6e8e528c59a5]
...settings...

/home/build/source/fnatools/fnstofna ->
[1b216f36ac78dd903085214692c821cc]
...settings...

etc. Note that the projects sessions do not necessarily match the
debug sessions - for example, a project may produce several executable
files, and they will not share the same debugging session.

That's what I said in the other mail. I think "debug sessions" is overengineering it, adding complexity for little value.

Bes regards.