Le 03/10/2011 18:59, Jiří Techet a écrit :
> On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 17:28, Colomban Wendling
> <lists....@herbesfolles.org> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Now the release is out, it's time for the real migration.  There's
>> things to do then, and perhaps a few we still need to agree on.
>>

>> Le 05/09/2011 23:05, Jiří Techet a écrit :
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> End of the long email finally! I tried to record all what needs to be
>>> done so nothing is forgotten once the real migration takes place
>>> because some of the stuff took some time to discover.
>>
>> @Jiří: Would you mind doing the real export since you know have a little
>> experience?
>
> Sure, no problem. Just one thing I'd like to mention - I may be a
> security problem. During the export I can modify any commit (e.g. to
> send me the contents of the editor by email) and you probably won't
> notice. On the other hand, the good thing is that:

Right, good remark, though making it gives you even more credit ^^

> 1. I don't feel it's something I'd like to do (but you cannot be sure
> I'm telling you the truth)

Heh, thanks for willingness at least!

> 2. You can compare the current state of master with your SVN checkout
> so you'll see immediately if there's something wrong with the top of
> trunk. I might modify  some past commits but these would have lower
> impact because everyone either uses the latest trunk or the latest
> stable release.

Yeah, there are easy ways to check the result fits SVN HEAD.  Checking
older branches and tags are a bit harder, yet doable, but as you say
yourself, it's less sensitive.  And let's be honest, I could be the bad
guy here too... ^^

> Actually what's much more probable is that I screw up the conversion
> somehow ;-).

Not better than I would do ;)

>> [...]
>>
>> It would be good if all this could be done as soon as possible so we can
>> start development again using this new scheme.  Sooner's better.
>
> About the timing, I'd prefer this weekend. There have been suggestions
> like 2011-10-29 but this is my birthday and even though I like Geany,
> I want to spend my birthday in a different way than making git
> conversions ;-).

I can't understand this, it's soooo selfish ;(  (just kidding)

Actually I feel would prefer it to be next weekend because it's sooner,
and as said in another mail, I'm not sure we really need more than you,
Enrico and I to complete it.

Let's wait for Enrico's answer (if he's still on that ML, hehe!) and see
when he got enough spare time to spend on it.

Cheers,
Colomban