On 11-10-17 05:22 AM, Nick Treleaven wrote:
Hi Matthew,
I'm a bit concerned about the changed ui_lookup_widget (and hookup)
functions - these are in the plugin API and can be used independently
from Glade. (plugin) API function behaviour should not normally change,
but it seems the owner parameter is now ignored. If we are caching
lookups this is probably wrong as the widget may get destroyed.

I haven't looked at the new implementation but perhaps you could help
explain the changes.

OK! I got this more or less fixed up and working like it used to. The one exception is some items from the editor menu and maybe a few other menu items. I think it's related to some hackery somewhere in the existing code that moving around menu items to share the same widgets in more than one menu.

I'm hoping someone more familiar with this part of the code can help me out here.

You can see the changes here:

https://github.com/codebrainz/geany/commits/gtkbuilder2/

There's still a few FIXME's and it needs to be cleaned up, but if you don't mind having a look to see if overall this is fixing the issues you raised.

Cheers,
Matthew Brush