Am 19.12.2011 02:38, schrieb Lex Trotman:
On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 6:56 AM, Matthew Brush<mbr...@codebrainz.ca>  wrote:
On 12/18/2011 09:13 AM, David Gomes wrote:
Since I changed the name in the new_tab function of notebook.c, I expect
all notebooks in Geany to have been changed, because all are notebook.c
right?

And yes, I know set_id is not necessary in GTK 3, so I just put both lol.

I'm trying to achieve being able to send tabs from various geany
notebooks.

Hi,

If you dig around in the mailing list archive, you should be able to find a
patch I submitted that does exactly what you're trying to do. IIRC there
were two main problems, the first is that some code (might) expect that the
tab be in a specific notebook (I'm think more of plugins who add tabs here),
and the second was that we would need a way to save which tabs ended up
where when the program closes, otherwise everything would revert back when
you restart Geany.

Even if complicated to implement, I would love being able to have 2 or even 3 side bars with tabs draggable between them.

Best regards.